Friday, March 2, 2012

Apartments, Food, Guitars, and Family


Well Hello! It has been a week and time for an update! This has been one crazy week. I moved into a new apartment, I bought a guitar, and as always I have been trying new things! It was a really productive week if I say so myself! 

This Sunday I went to Tina's place, it is on of Kristina's best friends. We had lunch and it again was completely delicious! I really need to learn how to cook like they do here, one because it is all super healthy and tasty, two because I really need to learn how to cook in Croatia. I always cooked back home and I had a few dishes I could cook but here I have no idea what I am buying. It makes cooking quite interesting. For example yesterday I went shopping and bought noodles for spaghetti and had no clue where the pasta sauce was. There we lots of different jars full of red sauce and I know some were paprika, I had no clue. Thankfully Kristina went with me later in the day and showed me what ones are pasta sauce:) I have no clue how I would live it wasn't for her help!
Tina's place for lunch




 But before Sunday, on Saturday we went to Nada's parents house for lunch. Again the food was out of this world. It was all so fresh and really full of flavor! I will note one particular food item, the fish. I have always been a bit nervous about eating fish that have bones, let alone the skin still on them. Mainly because I just never have so why start now? But they had a plate of almost sardine sized fish that everyone kept just devouring. So I threw my inhibitions to the side and tried one. I was pleasantly surprised, they were really good, like fish sticks from back home but way way better. So by the end of the meal I had a small pile of fish tales and spines sitting on my plate. I really love trying new things, in fact on a side note, I think I am starting to like tomatoes. Those of you who know me know I hate tomatoes, yet I try to like them because I do not want to be held back by not liking tomatoes. The logic goes like this, why limit yourself by not liking something, when you know if you just try it a few times you might like it. So being in an adventurousness mood here I have been ordering my sandwiches with tomatoes. Yesterday I ate tomatoes with a slice of cheese and meet drizzled in olive oil and it wasn't that bad. So I am completely excited. I realize to some of you this is stupid but to those of you who have heard my tomato theory in person, you get me. 
lunch at Nada's parents

 But before we went to Nada's parents Kristina went and had her hair done. She went to the salon her family owns. It is really amazing all the different things this family does. I am learning to just assume they can do anything they want. They are so interesting and amazing to be around it truly is a delight to be able to spend time with them. While Kristina was getting her hair done, Zvanko took me to get my guitar from his nephews guitar shop. I found a really good deal on a honner guitar. It had a bright sound but I haven't played in a while so my fingers are really hurting as I type this blog. But only a little longer until my calluses come back. I am learning "Here Comes The Sun" right now, it has easy chords but really hard picking style. So My dexterity has been getting better the more I play. I am really happy to have a guitar. It is really a great companion to have, I love the sound guitars make. After getting the guitar we met up with Kristina (Whose hair was the definition of fabulocity) and then we had lunch at Nada's mother house. Somthing happened to Nada's mother, she fell down the steps and broke her leg bone. She went through surgery and is doing ok, but the doctors are still concerned so if you could keep her in your prayers I would appreciate that.

Some of the food from downstairs
Another thing that happened this week is I moved into my new apartment. It is literally across the street from Kristina. I am so happy to have found a place so close to my Sister here. It is comforting to know that she is so close. It is a really nice pad, on the second floor with an elevator (Huge upgrade from six flights of stairs). It is really nice because I am right above a really good pizza place, I ate their twice so far and both times it has been really good. I also feel like I should eat there because I am using their internet connection. I am really lucky because any higher and I think I would not get the internet! So I am in the perfect place. I really am, I am in a perfect place with my friends, my living, just life in general. I know this is where I am supposed to be doing what I am supposed to be doing.





Walking to meet my friends I took this photo

No comments:

Post a Comment