Friday, January 27, 2012

Last Supper

I had dinner for the last time with my parents tonight for seven months. This was a sad moment for me, not because i fear losing them but knowing life will never be the same. I will never experience this again, this is the last moments of my childhood with my parents. I am sad to think that life is moving on, but even Peter Pan could not stay forever. He found something that was worth growing old for and I too hope to find that from my travels. I also have the my two best friends in the universe with me tonight. Logan McGrady and Mike Faiola. These two guys are the cement that I build my foundation off of. Never before have I kindred spirits as with these two men. They are the life vest in my sinking moments and the push that catapults me beyond what I know to be possible. I feel like a surfer adapting to the ever changing landscape when they are around, as the wave becomes unruly and troublesome they restore my balance and allow me to continue onward in these chaotic times. Less that 12 hours to leave and I am about to paint with Logan and Mike is snoring on the couch. These are truly the memories I will miss. The times of truley being open with one another without bounds. I hope this is not lost while on my travels. I do not know how I would handle a loss of something so precious to me.

1 comment: