Thursday, February 9, 2012

First day of class... kinda

The start of my hour and 10 minute travel
So I woke up super early to make sure I get to class on time right! First day of class and I wanna dress nice and make a good impression. I leave early to make sure nothing messes my morning up. Well after walking through some serious snow and making to the tram station and riding the tram for an hour, then taking the bus to the school. I realize I read the wrong days schedule and that I was here 3 hours early. Then as I go have a coffee in the student area I find out class was canceled for the WHOLE WEEK because of the snow.... It was only one foot.... So I got a ride back to my dorm where I spent the rest of the day in a malaise as what to do. But it being Croatia and not having any school one of the other student came to a wonderful conclusion, the same conclusion we have every night and that is we must meet up and explore the bars and clubs of Croatia. 

So the question became what to do in the meantime. Well one of my friends Joao, wants to go to Futsol. Futsol is indoor soccer kinda. It is smaller field and only is played with five people per team, but because his home country is playing he wants to go and since I have never been I also think it could be fun! So after sitting around for most the day we meet up and head to the tram. We get there after we stp for a quick bite and start watching the game. It is pretty fun but no one is really scoring. I really actually like that we are so close and the cheerleaders at half time were with the admission alone! Let me tell you they are quit attractive! But during halftime me friend gets picked to play one on one with the half time show guy. He was doing all sorts of fancy foot work, showing off to the crowd. After being a bit humiliated on tv the guy have him the ball. Apparently the balls for this game a quite expensive so my friend was super elated about being given the ball. 
After the game we all decided to head out to a small club one of the locals suggested. Once we got there the place was dead,  granted it is a Wednesday but it was empty. After being there only a few minutes I wanted to dance naturally so a few of us were on the dance floor and I just started dancing like a fool. The music was complete garbage so I made it seem like a joke. After a few seconds other people started dancing, making fun of the music and we carried on this way late into the night. I still do not know what was going on at this club. After a little while people started showing up with their faces painted like skeletons and it was just a bizarre scene. That coupled with the fact I think this place was actually a gay bar makes me wonder about where we get this information about these clubs from! But it still was a wonderful time, you know life is what you make it. I plan to make this one hell of a time, my motto here is "we will make it work" nothing cant be done, just have to find a way to make it a reality! I think this way of thinking is strange for my friends and I guess it must be a trademark of American living. The can do attitude! Anyway I am off to a chocolate festival so I will see you all later! Ciao


Me with my friends at this club!





No comments:

Post a Comment