Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Just a Small Break

The Hunters Pizza, larger than I had expected!

So I woke up without a head ache so I was quite lucky! The day after my birthday was pretty uneventful. I ventured outside and thought I would try the pizzeria that I saw tucked away near my place. I was feeling like just relaxing and taking it easy today. Tomorrow I have orientation to my school so I did not want to strain myself anymore than need be. So I walked into the pizza place alone. Eating alone is a strange delight, it allows you to just enjoy the food and get lost in thought. It is a strange sensation realizing that the only thing I said for most the day was what is the best thing on the menu. Other than that I had been quite, just thinking and watching the things around me. Eating alone is a unique experience and I suggest to anyone wanting to clear their head. The rest of the day I just organized my room and finished getting settled in. 


Later in the day, my friends called me up and asked if we wanted to go out for the night. Of course I agreed and we met in the town square. The town square is really nice. I haven't said anything about the city center but it is a large space where most people from the city meet one another. I am told that throughout the year they have different event that are hosted here. There is a large clock and a statue of a man on a horse here. He is the one I believe who built Zagreb and so he gets a giant statue! I will take better photos later of him but just so you can see what I am talking about I added a few snapshots! I really love the snow but it makes me reluctant to bring my nice camera out because it is so difficult to shoot when you have to worry about slipping and falling every ten seconds! I do love the snow here, it is a wonderful sight to see everything frosted with it.  

We met at a local bar that was having happy hour. They had micro-brews and they were really good. All the beer in this place is named from the characters from books that were written by a famous Croatian author. I do not know too much more on the story sadly, but maybe I can find an English translation and have a read. In the mean time I will drink the beer! The beer here is so cheap! less than $2 for half a liter of beer. I swear I do not know how these places stay open, I think this is actually a serious issue! Eating out so far is cheaper than the things I buy from the Grocery store, I am really confused about why this is. Anyway today was a lazy day and I enjoyed relaxing before going to see my school for the first time! 
CIAO!





No comments:

Post a Comment