Thursday, February 9, 2012

Orientation

My school! ZSEM!
So today is the first day for orientation. I met Serta at the bus stop and he was going to show me the way to school .I was just so excited to finally see the place that I will be studying for the next few months. We took a tram and then the bus. Even though the trip takes an hour I really like it. I get to see the whole city on my way to school and I love people watching and being surrounded by all the architectural beauty also. I know this will change but right now I love it.

We had a quick orientation about the school and different opportunities we have while we study here. I doubt I will join any sports while I am here but they have  a school magazine and I think it would be interesting to be published internationally so I am going to investigate further joining the club! Other than that they gave us all ZSEM shirts and we had a photo shoot. I was wearing a tie so I swaggered up my photo, mainly because the shirts are kinda ugly but It is nice that they gave them to us! After that we went and go signed up online for classes. I would just like to say they have the fastest Internet I have ever seen! I was download programs and things at blazing speeds.I am going to love this place for the Internet alone!

After that they lead us to a conference room where they had some of the best catered food I have ever seen. I felt like this was a senators luncheon, it was absolutely mind blowing. They had cordon blue, bacon mac and cheese with chicken, really exquisite luncheon meats. I am not gunna lie, I pigged out probably more than I should have. When we left for the "tour" of the city I could barely walk. But as you guessed it, after we went to tour the city but it was so cold we just went straight to a pub.... I thought it was hilarious! These kids really know how to go to school right! lol!

After being at the pub for 5 hours we all finally left but some of us were hungry and we braved the snow to a small restaurant they we heard was quite good! I did not know what to order so I asked for the best thing on the menu. It was chicken Penna pasta. It was REALLY good but I would have preferred the pizza at this point. It was so much more food for the price and I was super hungry! But it really is good, I will have to bring my mom and dad here to try it. So after we all again set out into the snow to go to the tram station and we separated ways as the snow fall fell all around us. I really will cherish this memory, It was just a good day. It is days like this that make it easier to not miss home. But I do miss home. I miss it a lot, I love it here but right now everyone is scared and were all trying to be friends. I know after a while this group will subdivide into small groups once we get more comfortable. So in the mean time I will enjoy the all these moments I can.






2 comments:

  1. you look like you are having an amazing time! don't miss us back here, we are all the same :p keep having amazing adventures, the world is your oyster!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWw! I do miss you guys! You all back home are such a huge part of what I am. I love life here but I also miss my friends I already have!

    ReplyDelete