Sunday, February 19, 2012

My school throws parties?

So today is Friday, apparently my school is throwing a party at a club. Really? I think that is actually pretty awesome, instead of turning a blind eye to what students are doing, they are capitalizing on it. The school gets happy students and creates good will. Everyone at the other schools that were there thought it was sweet and the club took all the liabilities if someone got hurt. At least the school is doing a really good job of connecting with students. But before the party I did actually go to school. On my way there was a nightmare! The traffic lights were out on the intersection that I had to cross, not a big deal but really really crazy trying to cross the street. After that I got on the tram, only to have it get stuck behind a tram that broke down.... Luckily I left 40 mins early so the time it took to walk to the next intersection where I could catch a different tram was only 20 minutes worth of walking.
Getting a Kebab before class
 At this point I was a little sad, mainly because I hadn't eaten. So while waiting for the next tram I ate my favorite fast food here! It is a kebab, oh my lord, every time I eat one it taste so completely fantastic yet they all are made completely different. This was the first thing I tasted in Croatia that was actually spicy. So I will be making more stops at this kebab place in the future. I know this is semi boring, me talking about a kebab place, but that is because you have not had one of these delights, and if you have I know your on the same page as I am.

Oh quick side note, some new graffiti was added outside my apartment, a giant red heart. You cannot help but smile because it is absurdly large on this wall. I walk by it like 20 times and finally decided that I should share this big heart with everyone. Speaking of things that I want to share, I saw the most peculiar man on the tram on my way to class. He had a bowler, white beard, and looked like he walked off the bottle of Johnny Walker. He had a red silk ascot. I tried to take a picture without causing any commotion, unfortunately this picture was the best I could muster. I know its blurry, just make believe the image is totally awesome, are you smiling and kinda laughing a little? If not keep trying it will come to you I promise.
 I then met up at me German friend, Micheal, place. He has one of the best views of the city I have ever seen. I am currently planning on relocating and only wish! That I could find a place with a similar view! Sadly it takes 192 steps to get up to this point. Oddly specific number? That is because I could not believe how many steps I had to climb, my lanta, it was the worlds largest staircase ever. So I started counting at the bottom, I may be a few off, I will get back to you when I visit him again.

This is only a slice of the panorama he has!
 Other than that, the night went pretty well! We all met at the club, I was in the VIP section, this time we had like a small cove with couches so the club did not seem over crowded and it was a lot more fun. Everyone wore masks for the carnival that started here. It was fun, I had a Zorro mask, but darn I guess I forgot to take a picture of me with it on... or that may have been on purpose.... yeah it defiantly was on purpose...
Me taking a pic with Aimee
 (This was the 3rd attempt because I was to tall
to stay in the frame!)
I did actually meet another American here. Her name is Aimee and she works in the US embassy. Really sweet girl, she is from LSU and is also Greek. It was nice to have someone who was from back home to talk to. After the club we went to another club and listened to Balkan music, but by the time we got there I could only stay for a short time because I was ready to fall asleep standing up! It was an awesome night! I love the memories I am making here, but my next post should be about Sundays, and man do I love Sundays here.
Romain Faggot (real name) and Juliette




No comments:

Post a Comment